LEARN A LANGUAGE IN JUST A FEW HOURS A WEEK
Open University Language School, launches beginner short courses
The Open University has launched a collection of new 16-week short courses in beginners French, German, Spanish, Italian, Welsh and Chinese, which can be learnt in just a few hours a week.
Designed to fit around your life, the courses are entirely online, requiring just three to four hours of study a week. Over 16 weeks, you’ll learn to hold conversations on everyday topics in your chosen language and develop a better understanding of the countries where these languages are spoken.
For just £199, students will have a learning advisor on hand for guidance and advice, as well as access to a forum of fellow students who will be studying the same course. The courses are perfect for those wanting to take up a new hobby and develop their skills for a trip away in the near future.
Part of the Language School’s Open Centre for Languages and Cultures – the one-stop-shop for communication in an interconnected world – the beginner language courses are the first collection by the centre, with a diverse range of other courses to follow in the next 18 months. Courses to come include:
- French, German, Spanish, Italian and Chinese at Elementary and Intermediate levels
- Intercultural Communication in business settings (enhancing effective communication and productivity in multicultural teams)
- Artificial Intelligence and communication in the workplace
- British Sign Language (ensuring equality and student inclusion across the nations and the OU curriculum)
- Pre-sessional online English for overseas students
Starting at the end of next month, final registration dates for the first run of the 16-week courses is Thursday 22 October.
To register interest in one of the courses mentioned, please visit: open.ac.uk/courses/language-short-courses