Type to search

Offers Property Shared Ownership



Looking for older persons shared ownership? Don’t miss out on McCarthy Stone’s affordable shared ownership retirement properties across the UK.  

Shared Ownership: you can enjoy retirement living to the full – without paying in full. 

With shared ownership you can have the lifestyle you’ve dreamed of without paying the full price for your new retirement home. For example, on participating properties you can pay just 75% of the full value with no rent to pay on the rest.  

After a lifetime of looking after others, it’s your time now. 

It’s not charity, it’s not a handout, it’s just what you deserve to help you make the most of your retirement. 

What is Shared Ownership? 

Their shared ownership scheme is run in conjunction with Homes England. They regulate shared ownership by monitoring rental charges and fees for the homes within the portfolio. 

It means you can purchase up to 75% of the value of a retirement property – and if you own 75%, and there is no rent to pay on the remaining 25%. If you buy 50% of the value of the property, you pay affordable rent on the outstanding share. 

The benefits of shared ownership housing 

  1. It provides you an affordable way to buy one of their retirement properties. 
  2. You can enjoy the McCarthy Stone’s lifestyle without paying the full purchase price. 
  3. Buying a percentage share of your retirement home allows you to manage your finances to cater for future needs. 
  4. If you buy 75% of the value of the property, there’s no rent to pay on the outstanding share. 

To find out more and to view properties available please visit: mccarthyandstone.co.uk/what-we-offer/occupancy-options/shared-ownership/