CELEBRATE THE COLOURS OF AUTUMN – MAKE YOUR OWN WREATH
Add some autumn cheer to your front door this season, with a simple and stylish update to welcome you home
Autumn is the time to fill your home with the beautiful colours of nature and a seasonal wreath will spruce up an otherwise bare front door. Quick to make and offering instant impact, Dobbies Garden Centres’ stylist, Rebecca Stanton, shares a step-by-step guide to make your own autumn wreath.
Not your average garden centre, alongside winter plants and spring bulb essentials, find all you need to recreate the look in-store – including wicker wreath bases from just £2.99 for some contemporary country charm on a budget.
- Artificial stems or dried cuttings, foliage, leaves, flowers
- Acorns (optional)
- Round wicker base or similar (round natural wreath, 20cm, £2.99/ 30cm, £4.99 at Dobbies)
- Wire or string
- Cutting tools
Step by Step Guide
- Choose your foliage, you will need larger stems for your base layer then more delicate stems for your top layer.
- Arrange your base layer balancing out colour and texture.
- Create small poses with more detailed and delicate foliage.
- Secure the poses in place using wire.
- Hang on your front door and enjoy!